Author Topic: cnc lofi!  (Read 665 times)

kibodwin

• View Profile
cnc lofi!
« on: April 13, 2021, 01:04:25 AM »
Hi guys,
Its been a very long time (far too long, I was away for several reasons but things are looking up) and I now have the strength and time to get back into lasering and get my diy cnc going. In looking for inspiration I found this, 'cnc lofi'. I listen to lofi tunes on spotify as easy listening but found it funny that there is a 'cnc' version.
I will update with any progress I make but right now outside of work I am concentrating more on the cnc than the laser (the Co2 laser seems to have lost its power, hope I dont need a new tube)
Enjoy, I hope all is good with you all.
=)

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cnc+lofi
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cnc+lofi
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 01:08:06 AM by kibodwin »
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleksmaker L5, K40 with Cohesion3D mini board, air assist, laser pointer etc..
Software: T2Laser, laserweb4, Repitier, Cura
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560
Anycubic Kossel Delta ramps

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: cnc lofi!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 04:15:21 PM »
It's been real quiet around here, so good to have you back.

Did you leave the CO2 tube with coolant water in? If so it may need to be flushed but just flowing water may get it back to life, unless of course it's lost gas pressure in which case you would need a new tube, fortunately the prices have come way down.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 04:29:01 PM »
Its been more than quiet. I miss being able to ask a technical related question and get a good discussion.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 12:21:14 PM »
Its been more than quiet. I miss being able to ask a technical related question and get a good discussion.

Agreed. Ralph did such a good job keeping the forum "clean" of spammers and other junk posts.

ggallant571

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 07:27:44 AM »
I see you are active on Facebook. I have purchased 2 Two Trees core-xy printers over the past couple of years and use Facebook for support. Ready to trash both and Facebook along with them.
SARCASM - Just one more service we offer here.

ThothLoki

• Tinkerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2021, 07:46:23 AM »
i have been more active on Discord lately myself. EleksMaker Z made me an admin on his Discord server. but it is basically dead now. I made a new laser and more server that is not tied to any brand. Lasers and anything CNC is in there.
Laser: 2x EleksMaker A3s
3D Printer: Monoprice Maker Select v2 / Sovol SV01
Image Resizer Applications (All OS): http://benboxlaser.us/index.php/topic,1434.msg17297.html#msg17297

kibodwin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 10:33:52 PM »
Great to hear from you guys and that you are still keeping yourselves busy (and there fore theoreticaly out of trouble!!).
I emptied the water out of the tube and filled it up again, making sure there were no air bubbles in it but yeah, I think it might be time for a new tube. I saw someone adding a drain pipe to extent the tube out the side to allow for a bigger tube (and therefore a more powerful one. Seems like a good idea to get a 60W instead of a 40W but I have other things to work on (a cnc I am getting working) so I will probably just get a 40W.
As far as purchases go I did not buy anything new except the house!!! So I am broke but can now make as many holes in the walls as I like!! WOOT! I also got a dog so I have been busy!!
As for the laser tube do you guys have any recomendations as to where to get one? My usual port of call would be ebay...
Off to listen to some more 'lofi'!!!!
Take care
=)
Laser: 2500mw A5 eleksmaker L5, K40 with Cohesion3D mini board, air assist, laser pointer etc..
Software: T2Laser, laserweb4, Repitier, Cura
Prusa i3 Clone GT2560
Anycubic Kossel Delta ramps