Author Topic: Setting origin problem  (Read 971 times)

Radslaser

• View Profile
Setting origin problem
« on: September 08, 2021, 05:34:03 PM »
Hey just started making my waste board or grid, and I set the start to start in the corner in bottom left corner, set the g code , put the laser in the bottom left corner hit set origin and then send the g code and the laser jogs up to the top right corner and begins engraving the grid, tried multiple times with same result, still awaiting my code to register for the full version so working with the time limit on the free trial is getting frustrating trying to figure out why itís doing that, other than that and the dang chords getting caught on the corner of the laser frame it was making the grid correctly tho so just wondering if anyone know why it would do that, thanks, sorry for the rambling

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Re: Setting origin problem
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 04:43:05 AM »
If the grid is vector (DXF) then the default in T2Laser is to engrave using the sequence / order in the file, you can change this in the DXF settings (optimizer) or set in the CAD program before saving the file. Let me know if you need assistance.

Radslaser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 06:38:23 AM »
Okay thanks Iíll look at it later when I get home, tried again yesterday, it also started in a different corner than selected, but then I just let it do itís thing, got about halfway through and one of the wires got caught but I was able to save it from jamming up but I attempted to pause the engraving and the laser continued moving but the laser shut off I had to hit the emergency stop to stop the laser from moving, and at that point there was no way to continue, so I got frustrated and started working on another project that involves skills I know how to do haha, a lot more to learn I suppose.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 06:13:05 AM »
The controller has a buffer much like a printer, pressing pause stops sending G-code immediately but the machine will finish what it has already stored. You can reduce or not use the buffer at all (settings) and providing the computer is fast enough it won't be noticable, however it only takes something like anti-virus, indexing or a backup to start on your PC and the laser will stop momentarily causing a dark stop and ruining the engraving. To be honest, pausing can do this also so perhaps it's worth the risk for more immediate control.