Author Topic: Need Help with Mini 3000MW Blue Laser Engraving/Cutter/ printer/power adjustable  (Read 15508 times)

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I'll pay the going rate for a quality Nano board, what is it? like $13 bucks or so on Amazon.  That's more than worth it just to have a backup or testing board.

Almost ALL the Nano boards on Amazon are clones...and one for $13.00 is probably a clone...but they work fine...I have many of them...so load up your spares inventory.

UPDATE: I may stand corrected on that price. I just checked my previous orders on Amazon and 3 months ago I purchased 4 Nano boards for $7.50 each...so $13.00 might be a genuine Nano, but to be honest, I've had a hard time finding genuine Ardunio boards on Amazon...be sure to read the reviews...they will tell you if they got a real Nano or a clone...most, by far, report receiving a clone...but as I said, the clones seem to work fine.

I'm laughing at myself...last year I know I had a hand full of Nano's and I *thought* I only had around 4 Nano's but clearly I ordered 4 more 3 months ago, so I must have at least 8 of those little suckers laying around my work area!! They are hiding pretty good I must say lol...!!!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 02:33:17 PM by Administrator »
Admin -- Ralph -- support @ BenCutLaser dot us
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qv1qee2vb65785t/SetupBenCutLaser3.2a.zip?dl=0
BCL Paid license: $49.95
via Paypal to bclpp@primemail.com

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
Many of those sold on Amazon are no different to the ones that banggood sells for $2.60 each. If they use the CH340 USB chip then they're cheap knockoffs and the same quality. The $2.30 ones on banggood that are un-assembled may or may not have the boot loader, personally I don't care so those are what I buy.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Many of those sold on Amazon are no different to the ones that banggood sells for $2.60 each. If they use the CH340 USB chip then they're cheap knockoffs and the same quality. The $2.30 ones on banggood that are un-assembled may or may not have the boot loader, personally I don't care so those are what I buy.

Hmmm...I have not bought any of those...those are good prices...how do you get the boot loader on it?

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
The assembled ones have always had it installed, you can tell if you power them up and the LED flashes.

The ones you have to solder have been hit and miss, so if you order those just don't expect them to have it installed.

To answer your question on how to install the boot loader, well if you have a functioning Nano or Uno you use the Arduino IDE to install the Arduino ISP sketch to it, this turns it into a programmer. You then connect that to the "virgin" Nano's ISP header (the 6 pin connector) and using the IDE select "Arduino as ISP" and click "Burn Bootloader", after a few seconds it will be complete.

The graphic here shows an Uno to Uno, but the connection to the ISP is the same - so you can use 2 Nano's or an Uno and Nano it doesn't matter. I just made a header cable since I use it a lot, it's very quick that way.

Zax

• T2Laser
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • T2Laser
This is definitely for the advanced user but I should note. You don't need the boot loader, that just allows you to install firmware via USB. You can also load programs / firmware directly using the ISP connector and then they actually boot up quicker and you have a little more space left.

jlauzon

• View Profile
I recently purchased a 50*65CM 3000mW Blue laser.  I have been going through threads reading up for the last week.  Trying to get a better understanding of the Benbox software. Today I tried engraving my first item all I got was a  black line.  I think I have problem with the driver.  When I load the driver. cannot open C:\Benbox\1. hardware drive\CH340??.exe i copied it over from the disk that I received. I tried running it from there and got the same error.

Dave

@Davetgo...first welcome!

Second: I've seen the 50cm X 65cm laser on eBay for ~$279 USD. Is that the one you picked up? If so, I've been considering getting it myself. I'm interested to see how this version works out for you.

p.s. How was the shipping time? Thanks.

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
This is definitely for the advanced user but I should note. You don't need the boot loader, that just allows you to install firmware via USB. You can also load programs / firmware directly using the ISP connector and then they actually boot up quicker and you have a little more space left.

Thanks @Zax...I had not done any of that kind of work before...nice to find out about the process...